1. Smith JW, Holmes ME, McAllister MJ. Nutritional considerations for performance in young athletes. J Sports Med. 2015;2015:1-13. doi:10.1155/2015/734649
2. Birkenhead KL, Slater G. A review of factors influencing athletes’ food choices. Sports Med. 2015;45(11):1511-22.
3. Logue D, Madigan SM, Delahunt E, Heinen M, Mc Donnell SJ, Corish CA. Low energy availability in athletes: a review of prevalence, dietary patterns, physiological health, and sports performance. Sports Med. 2018;48(1):73-96.
4. Ozdoğan Y, Ozcelik AO. Evaluation of the nutrition knowledge of sports department students of universities. J Int Soc Sports Nut. 2011;8(1):11. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-8-11
5. Thomas DT, Erdman KA, Burke LM. Position of the academy of nutrition and dietetics, dietitians of canada, and the american college of sports medicine: Nutrition and athletic performance. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016;116(3):501-28. doi:10.1016/j.jand.2015.12.006
6. Heaney S, O’Connor H, Michael S, Gifford J, Naughton G. Nutrition knowledge in athletes: a systematic review. Int J Sport Nut Exerc Metabol. 2011;21(3):248-61. doi:10.1123/ijsnem.21.3.248
7. Spronk I, Kullen C, Burdon C, O'Connor H. Relationship between nutrition knowledge and dietary intake. Br J Nutr. 2014;111(10):1713-26. doi:10.1017/S0007114514000087
8. Ono M, Kennedy E, Reeves S, Cronin L. Nutrition and culture in professional football. A mixed method approach. Appetite. 2012;58(1):98-104. doi:10.1016/j.appet.2011.10.007
9. Jacob R, Lamarche B, Provencher V, Laramée C, Valois P, Goulet C, et al. Evaluation of a theory-based intervention aimed at improving Coaches’ recommendations on sports nutrition to their athletes. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2016;116(8):1308-15. doi:10.1016/j.jand.2016.04.005
10. Dunn MS, Eddy JM, Wang MQ, Nagy S. The influence of significant others on attitudes, subjective norms and intentions regarding dietary supplement use among adolescent athletes. J Adolesc. 2001;36(143):583-92.
11. Little JC, Perry DR, Volpe SL. Effect of nutrition supplement education on nutrition supplement knowledge among high school students from a low-income community. J Community Health. 2002;27(6):433-50.
12. Arazi H, Hosseini R. A comparison of nutritional knowledge and food habits of collegiate and non-collegiate athletes. SportLogia. 2012;8(2):100-7. doi:10.5550/sgia.120802.en.100A
13. Montecalbo RC, De Jose EG. Body image and eating attitudes of Philippine national athletes. Asia Life Sci. 2013;22(1):251-65.
14. Churchward-Venne TA, Holwerda AM, Phillips SM, van Loon LJ. What is the optimal amount of protein to support post-exercise skeletal muscle reconditioning in the older adult?. Sports Med. 2016;46(9):1205-12.
15. Pasiakos SM, McLellan TM, Lieberman HR. The effects of protein supplements on muscle mass, strength, and aerobic and anaerobic power in healthy adults: a systematic review. Sports Med. 2015;45(1):111-31.
16. Kreider RB, Wilborn CD, Taylor L, Campbell B, Almada AL, Collins R, et al. ISSN exercise & sport nutrition review: research & recommendations. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2010;7(1):7. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-7-7
17. Daries H. Nutrition for sport and exercise: A practical guide: John Wiley & Sons; 2012.
18. Harrison R, Holt D, Pattison D, Elton P. Are those in need taking dietary supplements? A survey of 21 923 adults. Br J Nutr. 2004;91(4):617-23. doi:10.1079/BJN20031076
20. Rash CL, Malinauskas BM, Duffrin MW, Barber-Heidal K, Overton RF. Nutrition-related knowledge, attitude, and dietary intake of college track athletes. Sport J. 2008;11(1):48-55.
21. Wallinga MM, Takahashi S, Kohnke CS, Koszewski WM, Hingst J, Socha T. Assessment of nutrition knowledge and self-efficacy of NCAA athletes. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2013;113(9):A87 doi:10.1016/j.jand.2013.06.307
22. Slater G, Phillips SM. Nutrition guidelines for strength sports: sprinting, weightlifting, throwing events, and bodybuilding. J Sports Sci. 2011;29(sup1):S67-S77.
23. Dunn D, Turner LW, Denny G. Nutrition knowledge and attitudes of college athletes. Sport J. 2007;10(4).
24. Lee MS, Kwak CS. The comparison in daily intake of nutrients, quality of diets and dietary habits between male and female college students in Daejeon. Korean J Community Nutr. 2006;11(1):39-51.
25. Paugh SL. Dietary habits and nutritional knowledge of college athletes. Bachelor's Thesis, Faculty of the School of Graduate Studies and Research, California University of Pennsylvania. 2005:1-79.
26. Webb MC, Beckford SE. Nutritional knowledge and attitudes of adolescent swimmers in trinidad and tobago. J Nutr Metab. 2014;2014:1-7. doi:10.1155/2014/506434
27. Montecalbo RC, Cardenas RC. Nutritional knowledge and dietary habits of Philippine collegiate athletes. Int J Sports Sci. 2015;5(2):45-50. doi:10.5923/j.sports.20150502.01
28. Basmi M, Ibrahim Kh, Maleki A. The nutritional knowledge, attitude and practice of male students’ athletes in 2014, IR- university games. Physiol Exerc Phys Act. 2014;9(1):1345-54.
29. Lee SL, Lee SH. Survey on health-related factors, nutrition knowledge and food habits of college students in Wonju area. Korean J Community Nutr. 2015;20(2):96-108. doi:10.5720/kjcn.2015.20.2.96
30. Pirouznia M. The correlation between nutrition knowledge and eating behavior in an American school: the role of ethnicity. Nutr Health. 2000;14(2):89-107. doi:10.1177/026010600001400202
31. Tawfik S, El Koofy N, Moawad EMI. Patterns of nutrition and dietary supplements use in young Egyptian athletes: A community-based cross-sectional survey. PloS one. 2016;11(8):e0161252. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0161252
32. Azizi M, Khosravi N, Malaee M, Malaee M, Rahmani-nia F. A study of nutritional knowledge and attitudes of elite college athletes in Iran. Braz J Biomotricity. 2010;4(2):105-112.
33. Ramin AS, Jafari A, Pour Razi H. Evaluation of knowledge, attitude and practice of nutrition and effective factors on them in athletes of East Azarbaijan Province. Physiol Exerc Phys Act. 2013;6(2):885-94.
34. Barzegari A, Ebrahimi M, Azizi M, Ranjbar K. A study of nutrition knowledge, attitudes and food habits of college students. World Appl Sci J. 2011;15(7):1012-7.